About The Client
The client is the third-largest bank in India offering a wide assortment of financial products to large and mid-size corporates, SME and retail businesses.
Products & Services
Investment Banking, Consumer Banking, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking, Banking, Asset Management, Pensions, Mortgages, Credit Cards
Non-performing assets continue to be one of the biggest challenges facing the global banking system, and particularly, Indian banks. As per the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) the gross NPAs in Indian Banks are valued at US$61.5 Bn. In such volatile market conditions, bank stakeholders and regulators expect constant reassurance of good quality, less risky loans. Many are revisiting current practices and reengineering them to advanced approaches. Indian banking is gradually moving from a simple compliance driven entity to proactive control based digital systems that can actively manage credit risk.
The recent economic slowdown was expected to have an impact on customer segments across the bank’s portfolio of products and services. The client needed to safeguard their assets and proactively monitor their operations, given that nearly 80 percent of their loans were to the corporate sector, specifically power and infrastructure companies which were in ill health in recent times, significantly elevating the NPA levels for the bank.
The client sought a technology partner who could help them set-up an early warning system for their DC and DR locations for proactive monitoring and management of credit risk. Some of the key expectations were:
- Compliance with RBI’s RFA list and EASE requirements
- Dynamic monitoring through Auto Alerts, configurable as per bank needs
- Integration with diverse Internal & External sources (E.g. Internet, Third party data sources – Data aggregators/CIC’s)
- Case management to manage workflow with the appropriate escalations, follow-up and corrective actions
- Risk scoring for categorization of customers into different risk buckets
- Inter-Bank comparison /analysis, ccustomizable reports and market intelligence
- Recommendations for strategic decisions at account/ portfolio level
We highly value our partnership with BCT Digital, they have enhanced our ability to better serve our customers and offer competitive prices while at the same time significantly improve our profitability across product lines.